I made £2,020 in Free Money in 2020
Free Cash Summary by Month and by Source
2020 was a good year in terms of free cash. As mentioned in previous posts, I keep a written diary and a summary sheet at the end of every month to monitor my progress, but never went any further than that. I am keen to have a closer and more detailed look.
Objective for the Year: £1,200 ; End of Year Result: £2,017
|Month||Bank Rewards||Decluttering Sales||Cashback||Interests||Total||Accumulative||vs Objective|
- There is a clear 80/20 rule quite apparent from the summary time. 80% of all cash inflows came from eBay sales or 25% (1/4) of the sources.
- Objective was met in August. Accumulative sums by the end of that month reached £1,458.
- I have not been particularly active as regards to cashback and promotions as it did not feel necessary. I guess I could have but I was happy enough with my progress meaning I concentrated on sales.
- Total could have been higher should I had deposited the proceeds in my ISA Account but this was free money I had already committed to spend.
£872 Free Cash Earnings in August
The short answer is that my house extension works started. As a result, I ended up with quite a few items which had to go in order to make room for it. To illustrate this, I have put together the following list:
- Conservatory: £340
- Sliding doors: £240
- Washing machine: £90
- Oven, Hub & Extractor: £90
- Undercounter fridge: £70
- Dishwasher: £60
- Fridge: £50
- Undercounter Freezer: £50
- Ceiling Fan: £42
- Sofa: £26
- Kitchen Sink: £25
Here are my eBay for the top 5 sales:
Conservatory Net profit: £340
Sliding doors Net profit: £240
Washing Machine Net profit: £90
Dishwasher Net profit: £60
Fridge Net profit: £50